Chocolate Ice Cream
This is a chocolate ice cream recipe to use with your KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment.
- 1 KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 set of measuring cups
- 1 spatula
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Put the KitchenAid ice cream bowl attachment in the freezer at least 24 hours before you want to mix your ice cream (we have enough freezer space that I just leave the cleaned bowl in the freezer so it's always ready).
- Whisk together cocoa powder and both sugars until combined
- Slowly add in the milk, continuing to whisk until dissolved.
- Add in heavy whipping cream & vanilla and continue to whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture into the ice cream maker attachment and set to "stir" speed for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours for a firm ice cream.
- This recipe has only been tested with the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment but I’m sure it would work in most ice cream makers