Mini eggs are without a doubt the best Easter chocolate and I like to maximize all the ways I can consume them- enter the mini egg cookie!! These cookies are deliciously soft and chewy and are definitely a must-try. Another great thing is that mini eggs are available year round now so we can make these delicious cookies any time!
This cookie base is also great to make with M&M’s so feel free to swap out the chocolate for your favorite. If you want to get really crazy, put a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two for the most delicious ice cream sandwich you’ll ever have! Hope you love this recipe as much as I do 🙂
Mini Egg Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 9oz bag mini eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Pour mini eggs into a ziploc bag and crush them into chunks using a rolling pin. Set aside for later.
- In a large sized bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar using a handled or stand mixer with paddle attachement on medium speed.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing on medium speed until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and continue mixing until completely mixed in (no flour visible).
- Fold in the mini eggs using a spatula.
- Begin spooning even amounts of dough onto lined cookie sheet. I used a 2 inch cookie/ice cream scoop and these were the perfect size.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes in preheated oven.
- The consistency of your butter is VERY important. The best results come from using butter that you left out at room temperature (for how long depends on the time of year & your climate). You want it to be soft enough if you press into it, a dent will be made. If you choose to microwave your butter to soften it a bit from the fridge, do it in very small increments. You don’t want it melted at all.